Friday 30 March 2012

Six days to go…

When we float
© 2012 Stewart Bremner
Mixed media on board
£650 – at Union Gallery
In less than a week Worlds Apart opens at Union Gallery. The exhibition features a new body of work that I created especially for this show and another similarly created by Kevin Low. We've been working on these our respective pieces for many months now and we're both very excited about finally seeing them out in public.

The exhibition is likely to be quite unusual and it's title was chosen for this very reason. Kevin and my work differ considerably. However, as Alison Audjo of Union Gallery points out, our work is "tied together by the thread of outstanding quality."

Alison also had this to say about my work: "I have worked with artist Stewart Bremner for many years now. Previously as agent in another gallery, but I am now very proud to be launching his first major exhibition in Scotland at Union Gallery: something of which I have always considered Stewart Bremner to be an intrinsic part.

"Trained as a graphic designer, the last two years has seen a major departure from his previous style, which I have been lucky enough to watch develop and, I hope, encourage.

"Not afraid to put himself through the paces to make what I believe to be his strongest body of work to date, it is no surprise to me that Stewart gravitated towards an abstract style of painting: where the possibilities are endless and match his über-creative brain.


"Abstract painting is sometimes considered a ‘difficult sell’, yet it can evoke the strongest of emotions from the viewer like no other style. There is spontaneity, a rawness and sense of urgency in Stewart’s work which is enthralling and addictive.

"Already gaining recognition in the States, I am sure that Stewart Bremner’s work will be well received closer to home."

My work will be on show from April 5th-30th. I am absoutely thrilled to have this opportunity and I believe the work I have produced is my strongest to date. Please drop by the gallery and take a look for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment