Friday 25 February 2011

Be here now


The first full week in my revised studio space has seen some bold and positive steps in my work. The space and the scale afforded me has given more freedom than I have experienced in a long time when painting.

For most of the week I continued to work on newspaper, although the rate of their progression slowed to less than one a day, as I began to narrow down my scope and focus more on a goal. Gradually, more and more time was spent on each piece. By the middle of the week, after some long and hard thinking, I decided it was time to move to a more permanent setting and so bought some heavy-weight paper.

As I sit here, on this sunny Friday afternoon, my fingers are spotted and smeared with paint, ink and pastel. A new piece, painted on some of that heavy, heavy paper is behind me drying. It may well be the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment